Sunday, September 22, 2013

It's a Baby Quilt!

Okay, sometimes it's fun to make a simple quilt, especially when it's in such a cheerful palette.


My niece Kristen is expecting her first child in two months. I was asked to staff the arts & crafts table at the baby shower, so instead of the usual games, the guests were asked to do a simple drawing on white cotton squares. They used fabric markers designed to be washable. I cut other squares from my stash of printed cottons and put it all together. It measures 42" square.


It made for a fun activity, and will be a lasting memory for Kristen of a happy time. I hope the quilt will be well-used.

1 comment:

Dianne Robinson said...

Brilliant idea. And well last long after the silly games are over!

It looks so cheerful - what a talented group of friends she has.