Sunday, November 17, 2013

Christmas postcards 2013


Every year I like to make a couple dozen special Christmas cards. Having done this for maybe ten years, it's not always easy to come up with a fresh idea.

This time around, I am doing a variation on last year's cards. I used pearlescent paint to stencil an evergreen tree onto ice-dyed cotton, outlined the tree with metallic silver thread, and added pearls or pink crystals.

These mini-quilts are backed with watercolour paper and sent through the mail bareback. I like to think they bring a special delight to those who find them in their mailbox, and perhaps to the postal workers who handle them. A couple of my friends collect or even frame them, so I know they are appreciated.

To learn more about ice-dyeing, please visit my post of September 9, 2012.

1 comment:

Dianne Robinson said...

These are exquisite! Hope we'll see them on Wed.