Wednesday, May 13, 2015

SAQA's Virtual Gallery and SAQA Spotlight Auction

Camden Town
For the fourth time, my work has been chosen to be part of SAQA's monthly Virtual Gallery. This month, guest curator Terry Waldron decided on the theme "Summer in the City". Writes Terry,

"When I was in high school, we lived in Stamford, Connecticut so my father could commute to NYC for his job. Sometimes, especially in the summer, I would go with him so I could visit all the art museums I could fit in that day before I'd go meet Dad to ride the train back home. I just loved wandering through 'The City That Never Sleeps.' These wonderful pieces of work remind me of that time and that place."

The nineteen art quilts that form the on-line exhibit were chosen from work by Juried Artist Members of Studio Art Quilt Associates. To see the exciting variety of abstract and representational work in "Summer in the City", please check out the slide show on the SAQA website.

Connectivity: Port Clyde




Earlier this spring I donated a small art quilt to the Spotlight Auction, held as part of the SAQA conference in early May in Portland, Oregon. More than 100 postcard-sized pieces were submitted, and the auction raised more than $14,000 for SAQA.

I'm delighted to learn that Connectivity: Port Clyde sold for $525 US to Del Thomas. Del bought a dozen of these little gems, and writes an account of her conference experience on her blog. (See her May 4 post.) Thanks, Del, for your support of SAQA!

2 comments:

Maggi said...

Congratulations on being chosen yet again. It was lovely to see your Spotlight piece for real but it was already way over my budget when I arrived at that table. Del certainly went to town this year!

Heather Dubreuil said...

Thanks Maggi. Some of the presentations at the conference sound reallyy interesting. What were your impressions? This was your first conference, I think?